Friday, June 3, 2016

Art opening at the Posana Restaurant in downtown Asheville

https://posanarestaurant.com/

 About 2 months ago Nancy Joyce asked me if I wanted to do a show at the Posana, my instant reaction was YES, I'll be able to handle that, though it's the busiest time of year, my wife, LG Hall is starting up a new business, we have kids to feed , drive to school, alot of events, and I have a million projects in the works already. No problem, so I started some big batiks which are paintings with wax and dye. I make my own brushes and paint the wax on then apply dyes to it. It takes a good 2 weeks or so to finish each one because you have to wait for the dye to dry before putting the next wax lines on. I love the way the colors look in a batik and the vibrancy of the initial lines which are the color of the cloth. You start with lighter colors and get darker with each coat. With each layer of color the wax lines begin to become more visible. It is a challenge though and there are many mistakes. But the good ones are worth it! here are the good ones...

the exhibit at Posana's gallery and private party space

"Cold Mountain Pool"

"somewhere on the AT with Pedro"

"devil's courthouse"

"lower falls"

"blue ridge parkway view from big butt"

"blue ridge parkway view of mt. pisgah"




"graveyard fields"



"graybeard morning"

                                                                "looking glass falls"

                                                                    "lower falls fall"

The opening is Thursday June 9th at 5:30pm at Posana Restaurant, come out and join us!






No comments:

Post a Comment